Hello,

> You actually make an important point.  VDR was never designed with
> server/client in mind.

But there are plugins out there, that can add exactly what you need. One of
them is "streamdev", which does a very good job.

Not anyone wants a client/server setup, so why should those people, not needing
a networked setup, be forced to have all this stuff in their system, probably
making things much slower.

Another point is, that the more code you add to the core codebase, the more
time is needed to keep things running and fix bugs...

> Correct me if I'm
> wrong but didn't he actually say at one point he _would_ revamp the
> OSD system to something far more flexible and not so restricted and
> simplistic?

I like the OSD the way it is. It's one reason why I prefer VDR to other
solutions. IMHO only a few changes are really needed in the OSD: Optional usage
of true color for theme authors and a customizable main menu (Plain-Text
configuration based on the class already used for commands.conf).

If I follow this discussion, then some people seem to not want to use VDR at
all. If you don't like VDR, then maybe you want to have a look at other
solutions. Maybe XBMC with its "tv-headend" or MythTV and if you want to use
Windows, then please do so.

To get back to topic. IIRC Klaus suggested a fix for the bug discussed in this
thread, before it got off topic. Did someone already start to create a fix
based on Klaus's suggestion?

Yours

Manuel
/\                        - gegen HTML-Mail
answers as html mail will be deleted automatically!
Antworten als HTML-Mail werden automatisch gelöscht!