Al 15/12/10 20:57, En/na Jouni Karvo ha escrit:

I don't understand what would be easy in using SQL. Since the
channels.conf-code is already there,
and pretty stable, then obviously rewriting that to SQL is not "easy",
but instead additional work.
Justifying additional work needs some reason.

Well, I don't actually care either way. Using sql has advantages and disadvantages, using channels.conf has another set of advantages and disadvantages.
I just don't like the spreading of FUD.

I think adding dependencies to outside packages is a burden that should
be avoided.

I assure you that sqlite wouldn't be a burden. It's no more of an external dependency than, say, libc.

Bye
--
Luca