VDR User skrev 2011-05-28 11:44:

Getting a VDR setup with vdpau is very easy.  There's no need to use
special repositories, packages, etc. unless you actually want to.  If
vdpau is the only thing you're after, you might be creating more work
for yourself by not just keeping it small&  simple.

Perhaps. I had a lot of trouble a year or so ago trying to get xineliboutput working with VDPAU under Ubuntu9. It has probably improved since then.

Nowadays I simply add a launchpad repos and do 'apt-get install' for vdr, xineliboutput etc. I probably get a lot of stuff I do not need, but it is very simple to install and maintain.

/Johan

--
Johan Andersson, j...@jna.pp.se