* Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com> [2012-09-10 12:43]:
> On 09/10/2012 08:33 PM, Ryan Harper wrote:
> >What's the point of going to the list if not to be able to respond to
> >email?
>
> to be able to see what's going on in bulk, in offline, via mail client.
> but go on gerrit to reply/discuss, or some of your comments will get
> lost from the patch activity.

yes, I've been asking for replies to show up as gerrit comments; but I
know that's not happing any time soon.

> if you comment via email, other reviewers may not see your comments
> when they review the patch in gerrit.

I always cc vdsm-devel;  this small group discussion of patches makes
things not like a community.

I like having everyone see the discussions about a patch, rather than
just the reviewer.  yes, I know all comments are pushed to the -patches
list, but the whole point is to have code + comments + discussion in a
single thread.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx