Michael (or should I call you Verdi?),

I just watched the videos. Great screencasts! Just a few notes after
viewing them:

In FCP and iMovie, the presenter recommended a key frame every 5
frames. At 15fps, this is a key frame every 333 milliseconds or 3
per second. It seems to me having a key frame that frequently
reduces the importance of delta compression in general. Isn't this
huge overkill or is this to make the video slider bar work well?
(the keyframe recommendation for 3ivx was every 75 frames which
works out to be one every 5 seconds. Seems much more reasonable).

Recommendations for FCP was 60KBytes/sec which works out to 480kbits
per second, while for 3ivx and iMovie, the recommendation was
600kbits/second. In the same ballpark, I just didn't know if they
were supposed to be the same.

In the iMovie presentation, the presenter mentions that in QT6 that
you need to "use 60 bits per second" (as opposed to the
600kbits/second in QT7). I think the presenter might mean "use 60
kbytes per second" because that works out to a lot closer to the
600kbits per second recommendation in QT7 (although 75 kbytes per
second would be exactly the same).

Overall, great videos on how to compress using the various tools.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video,
podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road