----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Verdi"

> They refer to tape in the film, I think, because they use the device
> of having taped over previously recorded video. That wouldn't happen
> with a disc based camera. That being said, some of it was shot with
> the panasonic hvx200 but most was shot with the Sony CineAlta F23
> which is not a consumer camera.

I didn't get the impression that we were supposed to believe it was a disc
based camera (either DVD or hard disk) .  What came to my minds eye was
something like an XACTI .. a very small, memory card based unit .. *very*
rugged compared to either real tape or DVD or hard disk.  I think using the
term "tape" was more as a convenience. It's the most common term and does
not need any further explanation.

If not a card based camcorder .. than a mini-DV unit would be my next
choice.

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA
http://n1jdu.org