--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David S Kessler"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but forget all of that.  if they were so clever, how did they think
> they could get away with making a movie that supplants a plot for a
> gimmick.  that's never a good idea.

A horror movie doesn't need a plot in order to be good, any more than
an amusement park thrill ride or a pizza-induced nightmare needs a plot.

Whether a horror movie needs a plot in order to be "great", well
that's arguable. DUEL, for instance, is a horror movie I'd consider
great despite having even less plot than CLOVERFIELD.

As far as no-plot horror movies go, I tend to think less is more when
it comes to budget. Give me an earnest shot-on-a-shoestring backyard
zombie flick over some festering pile of big studio crap like THE RING 2.

That said, I am curious about CLOVERFIELD and do hope that it's good.
If only because I've always loved giant monster movies but have always
secretly wished for one that had some legitimate scares...

Chris