>  From the archives (back in 2005), here's one possible interface for
>  displaying video quotes:
>  http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20051013-0025
>  It has a big quote mark and a link back to the original.
>  Made with this: http://www.solitude.dk/archives/linkubator/ (choose the
>  'video quote' option)

yes. I remember Andreas showing off Linkubator at Vloggercue in 2005.
http://vloggercue.blogspot.com/2005/07/summer-of-vlog-what-when-and-where.html
he made a really nice interface.

I think there were a couple reasons why it wasnt used much.
--we werent ready yet. most of us were happy making our own
self-contained videos. (youtube hadnt even really happened yet!)
--Linkubator uses SMIL which seems to slow things done. i know I have
never been a fan. i have no real good reason why not.
--i think many of us like to edit quotes INSIDE our own videos. i dont
want the quote to be self-contained though obviously this is the more
elegant way.

again, I think we're just getting to the point where having a video
conversation might be possible.
someone starts with a video.
then others jump in and ad their own videos.
there is a comment feed to follow if you want to see it as one big video.

Look at http://semanal.org/2008/01/27/week-5-2008-video-commenting-is-live/.
No one is really discussing a specific topic, but you can see how a
conversation could develop inn one place...while all the videos are
distributed.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com