What a story Rudy.  Let me check with my neighbor, if you are willing to
have the car towed to Nassau county.

Sounds like you need a full tune up and carburetor re-jetting, also need to
look at the distributor hopefully it is not an 009...

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 1:48 PM, 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air
Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List <vintagvw@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>  Now this is all very embarrassing but the story gets worse. Like I said
> all I wore were shorts, no underpants. As I'm running around, on fire, my
> shorts fell down to my ankles and there I am, on fire, naked as the day I
> was born.
>
>  Damage was minimal considering.
> Left hand one huge blister and a couple of small once on guts.
> Paint burned about 10 slats of the air intake and all wiring and rubber
> parts.
>
>  You asked what I needed and that's my story. My back is shot can't work
> on cars anymore, hmm, on hind sight that maybe safer.
>
>  This story occurred 2 years ago this Sept.I have pics.
> Last year replaced the wires, fuel lines still need to be done, engine and
> carbs need to be tuned, deck lid needs to be fitted.
> Also need a new line from break fluid reservoir to M. cylinder and what
> ever else we can find.
>
>  I'm not a cheap skate and not looking for free help but would prefer a
> capable private person over a professional with hourly rates as they are.
> Come one come all.
>
>  I'm far better cook than mechanic.
>
>  Rudy   LI  NY
>

>  Rudy,
>
>  I'm in Nassau County (New Hyde Park) and was just speaking with Sonny at
> S.M. Motor Sports.  I have been bringing my Porsche 914 to him for years.
> He has a lot of experience with Porsche's and VW's, I would recommend him.
>
>  What is it that you need done?
>
>  Dan
>

>    1.  S.M. Motor Sports, Inc. - Bosch Car Service
>     Address:   140 Lakeville Rd, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
>      2.  Phone: (516) 775-8655
>

>  On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:46 AM, 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air
> Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List <vintagvw@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

>>   <<<Dean,  do live any where near NYC?  I would be happy to help>>>
>>
>>   Daniel,
>>
>>  I live in Shirley Long Island. I'm in need of a bug mechanic.
>>  Know anybody?
>>
>>  Rudy  LI  NY
>>

>> On May 26, 2015, at 9:36 PM, Dean Johnson < dean.john...@rochester.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>   I read the How to hot rod instructions and couldn't make sense of them
>> 'Adjust the push rod so that it fits...' Not helpful and I don't have any
>> idea what centerlines they're talking about and what does it mean for two
>> lines to 'coincide'? Not at all helpful.
>>  Still looking for instructions with visuals.
>>  On May 25, 2015 9:29 PM, "Dave C. Bolen" < dbo...@shockwaverider.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> Your good old copy of "How to hot rod vw's" has excellent instructions
>>> on this.
>>>
>>> Although...if you have stock rocker arms and stock pushrods they really
>>> should be close.  Oh, stroked engine?
>>>
>>> Cheers, dave
>>>
>>> On Mon, 25 May 2015, Daniel Moy wrote:
>>>
>>>  When I did mine I made an adjustable push rod out of a stock rod.

        • ... Daniel Moy
          • ... Dave C. Bolen
            • ... Dean Johnson
              • ... Daniel Moy
              • ... Dean Johnson
              • ... 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... Dan Moy
              • ... 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... Dan Moy
              • ... 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... Dave C. Bolen
              • ... Dean Johnson
              • ... Dave C. Bolen
      • ... Daniel Moy