  From: Dean Johnson
  To: vintagvw@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 2:21 PM
  Subject: [vintagvw] Rocker arm geometry

  I am finally installing my rebuilt heads into my 1915 cc engine. I have the
heads on, put in the push rods and am test fitting the rocker arms to check
geometry.
  I put the shims that had been installed under the shafts originally and there
is not nearly enough room for the swivel foot adjusters. Even screwed all the
way out, they nearly touch the stems. If I use a thicker shim I am afraid I
won't have enough threads for the rocker arm nuts. ( can I back the studs out?)
will standard adjusters give me more adjustment? Where is the best graphical
description of adjusting the geometry? I don't have a dial indicator so if
there is another way to do it, that'd be great.
  Dean
  '71 Super Beetle
  http://deangj.tumblr.com

--
Visit the VintagVW archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
              • ... 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... Dan Moy
              • ... 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... Dave C. Bolen
              • ... Dean Johnson
              • ... Dave C. Bolen
      • ... Daniel Moy