Marie,

    I can't remember if I wrote this before: So, at the risk of repeating
myself, press the button to the right of the handle, with the straight edge
nearest you, holding down for 15 seconds and wait. You should hear a tune, you
will have reset your Bot to default settings. If the Bot has not yet been
successfully connected to the wifi, it still won't be. However, once the wifi
is turned on again by way of the settings on the machine itself, it will then
show up again as an access point. This happened to me too! I can only say that
you do, for now, need help with the initial setting up of the wifi and this
means, until the set up is completed. I have just spend the last week alone,
apart from a mad Irish Water Spaniel, who is of no help at all! and my machine
has worked flawlessly, doing the house every day for me, despite muddy paw
prints!! Once you have got past this initial hiccough, you should be good to
go. I know that, at first, while you are getting used to the Bot, it feels
frustrating getting error messages that don't explain themselves via the app,
and I am hoping that, as more of us use the BotVac, we can encourage an
improvement in the app, but you soon learn that the error messages that you
don't receive, are, in general, of three types, I.E. Bin needs emptying,
Brushes need cleaning and Battery needs charging. This last one happened to me
because, while I thought it was properly docked and charging, it had been
knocked by the dog's ball slightly off. For now, I am using Be My Eyes when I
get stuck, not the best solution, but useful nevertheless. However, in order to
get the most out of BME, you do need to know what to ask your volunteer to look
for. For example, when I was wanting to know the battery status, my helper
couldn't see the screen. She said it looked blank, I had a little thought and
pressed, just a short press, of the 'home" button, the one to the right of the
handle, this turned the Bot on and my helper on BME could see the screen and
read the status for me.

    Truly, this will sort itself, and you will learn how to deal with the Bot,
where, at the moment, we cannot read for ourselves the screen.

    Always remember, just a press of that same button will start you Bot off,
in its default setting, I.E. Clean house in Turbo mode, and then return to dock.

    Please do keep us posted with your progress as other people are buying this
Bot and we can all learn from each other!!

Sandy.

sent from the dark side of the moon