Out of close to a dozen audiologists I have worked with only one really took
the time to insure I had good aids.  He worked for the VA and kept up with the
news releases for various companies.  He also talked with company engineers on
a regular basis.  He took the time to explain why a particular aid was best for
me and replaced my aids early if a significant improvement had been made.
Unfortunately he retired. And his replacement, who was nearly as good, also
retired shortly later.  I have audiologist tell me I don’t need features that
would help me.  One questioned the amount of support equipment I had and didn’t
believe me when I told her it wears out in months.  When I told her she had
programmed my aids incorrectly, she walked out of the room without saying
anything.

I have a pair of Resound aids that are great for some things especially working
with the computer.  I also have an old pair of Phonak aids that work better in
some situations.  I usually wear one of each.  I have the computer work through
the Resound and the phone through the Phonak.

I have never tried the Resound app.  Too many people do not consider multiple
handicaps.

Tony