I have had problem with Siri about texting. With one person, I just about have to tell her number instead of Mary Jones Mobile to get her to text, and she is the lady I ride to church with weekly. She likes me to text her to remind her.
Another thing, I use the name Jim very frequently in tests, but so many times, I have to get her to do it again, because she says Gene. Best regards, Carolyn -----Original Message----- From: 'deidre muccio' via VIPhone [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:03 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Siri shortcuts Really, I am totally stunned and infuriated that Siri can no longer in this higher version simply find the one Miles in my Contacts and either phone or text him. Siri never had trouble knowing before that texting meant a mobile number, and when phoning, if several numbers were in there, I would either specify or she or he would ask for clarification. Like I said before, I only have one Miles. Now I am going to see if I can get some info about how best Siri shortcuts works. It really is a pain in the butt to have to create shortcuts for some of the simplest things, especially when it comes to phoning and texting. I'd also like to delete the suggestions she already has in there for me because I have edited some of those contacts and don't want to see the old info in there. My use of my iPhone is for the voice over menus, and the less gestures I have to make the better. I have had carpal tunnel in years past that was extremely debilitating, and having to take additional steps to do things, such as go into Contacts to call or message someone or have to create a shortcut with recording one, etc, seems to overcomplicate the beauty the phone has provided me in the past. Sorry, but this is one where Siri truly has been dumbed down, not improved. From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 1:06 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: another quirk after updating SIRI learns a bit over time so if you have two or three contacts with the name John and you almost always call just one of them SIRI may just call if you say call John. But for me SIRI has always asked which John, to use that example, I wanted to call if it was somebody I called less frequently and if I had several entries with that first name in my contacts. This of course only makes sense because how would you otherwise be able to call a different John if SIRI ever only called one of them and often SIRI doesn’t know simply things one would expect it to know so I don’t think reading one’s mind is going to be on the menu soon. My guess is that after the update SIRI maybe reset or lost some of what it learned over time and is starting to built this up again from scratch. From: 'deidre muccio' via VIPhone <[email protected]> Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:07 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: another quirk after updating Anna Why the need for the extra step to get Seeri to recognize someone in my contact folder? I always used to simply say text and the name of the person, and almost always only used a first name. That worked. Using Seeri to make calls has been far less reliable. I guess I'll have to do the shortcut thing, but really... It's like Richard saying that the Company field doesn't work. Why put it there then? All is pretty much worked out by now, except for the different voices. I definitely have things like the reminders in the old voice but, Seeri has a new chosen voice since updating. I scanned through some settings after the updates to see what might have been switched on, but didn't look at seeri at all. I'll do that now. Yes, I deleted the Tune In App and installed it again. Since I had no sign in, I had to put my local stations and shows in again. At first even though I hit on the favorite button, to select a local radio station, voice over did not say selected. When I hit favorite on a show, in that case, it indicated that it had been selected. Oh well. So much for consistency. It's not a deal breaker. Deidre From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Anna Dresner Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:16 AM To: VIPhone Mailing List Subject: Re: another quirk after updating Hello Deidre, Once you contact Miles, if you go to Siri settings and go to the shortcuts section, you should see a shortcut to contact him. You can assign a phrase to that shortcut like, "Call Miles," and use it to contact him in the future. Have you deleted and reinstalled TuneIn yet? sounds like that should fix it. VoiceOver only uses one voice throughout the phone. There are more options for voices in iOS 12 than 10, though, I think. Best, Anna -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> . To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/002e01d54e0b%24c0bff4f0%24423fded0%24%40net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/002e01d54e0b%24c0bff4f0%24423fded0%24%40net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> . -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> . To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MWHPR06MB25730CC8B559F94AD2451B23C7D60%40MWHPR06MB2573.namprd06.prod.outlook.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MWHPR06MB25730CC8B559F94AD2451B23C7D60%40MWHPR06MB2573.namprd06.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> . -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> . To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/004f01d54f8c%24a65c9a00%24f315ce00%24%40net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/004f01d54f8c%24a65c9a00%24f315ce00%24%40net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> . -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/019601d54fa8%24322e68e0%24968b3aa0%24%40windstream.net.
