Carolyn I'm so thoroughly unimpressed by this lack of recognition. I never had this problem before. It's funny too, because I am someone who loves to tweak settings to make the most of them. I text a lot, and a wide range of people, so by now.... Teaching Siri how to pronounce a name is possible though I can't remember off the top of my head how to do it. Often she asks of her own accord how to pronounce a name, even if I have already spoken it and it is an easy one, like Jim! A name like Dulce, on the other hand requires teaching Siri how to recognize and pronounce it.
Deidre -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:20 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Siri shortcuts I have had problem with Siri about texting. With one person, I just about have to tell her number instead of Mary Jones Mobile to get her to text, and she is the lady I ride to church with weekly. She likes me to text her to remind her. Another thing, I use the name Jim very frequently in tests, but so many times, I have to get her to do it again, because she says Gene. Best regards, Carolyn -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/005a01d54fb1%248876a420%249963ec60%24%40net.
