I don't think it is unfair, at all.

Having used a dedicated bar code reader and compared to bar-code scanning apps including Digiteyes, the ease of use is far superior on things like the IdMate Omni, Summit or Quest. If you are quite patient, have good dexterity, you can use Digit-Eyes. However, it takes a bit longer to scan a bar code, seems to be more dependent on lighting than the IdMate laser scanning device, and there is a longer delay between the time it acquires a bar code and the time it has the initial identification.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don" <n5...@yahoo.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: Seeking Advice on Digit-Eyes

Digit eyes is a great AP, use it all the time. This person is just wrong, flat wrong. If a person can not locate a bar code, this is certainly not the falt, of digit eyes, this does not make it a worthless ap.
I would say it is a operator problem.  This is so unfair...

-----Original Message----- From: William F. Gallik