Okay, I have an iPhone and I haven't seen the iPod you have so I hope this
helps.

When in the app switcher on the iphone, you double tap and hold on any
application in there. You'll hear a sound effect, kind of ascending tones,  and
it should say "editing apps". Then you double tap any application to remove it
from the app switcher; it may say  "double tap to delete" but don't worry; it
isn't really deleting the app. When you've deleted the ones you want to delete,
you can either double tap "dismiss app switcher" or you can press home which
takes you to the normal mode of the app switcher where you open apps; another
press of home takes you back to the home screen. I would think it would be
similar on your ipod.

Hth.

--
Cheryl