Hi Mark,

I get your point, but the fact is that it is highly unlikely that Sendero's
Seeing Eye app will appeal to tens of thousands of sighted users.
Sighted people to a large extend want visual apps with pretty maps in colour
and 3D, street view and all sorts of stuff. They do want voice guidance to
the extend that while they are driving they may not want to always have to
look at the device to know they have to turn left in 300 feet. But I don't
think they want voice guidance only which is what we want and the more
information (to a degree) the better.
I bet that an overwhelming majority of GPS usage by sighted people is in a
vehicle and for the occasional time that they may use it while walking they
are paying attention to what they see around them and don't want to hear
that there is a 711 at 2 o'clock which they have already seen 2 minutes
earlier.
I have often walked around with sighted friends while I had my GPS on and
most of the time they saw our destination long before my GPS told me that we
were now 100 feet away and when we reached the destination they had no need
to hear that it was on the left or the right.
>From what I read it appears we can expect an app with a price of around $100
or a bit less and in my opinion that is more than fair, after all, most
people on this list who own an iPhone spend almost that much on their
monthly plan and even those who have a cheap plan spend it in 2 months.