Thanks for that info, this answers my questions that the credits apparently
do get backed up at least.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Michael Feir
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:43 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Double purchase TapTapSee - Contact Us

That's interesting. I just upgraded to an iPHONE5S and restored from an
incripted backup I made just prior to getting my new phone. I still have my
69 credits which remain from the hundred I purchased. I didn't lose them.

On 2/4/14, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>

> I have been defending Tap Tap See and their subscription based model
> because I feel they can't provide the service for free and what they
> are doing is OK. However, I must admit that I am somewhat shocked by
> this reply as it appears they are basically telling you that your
> credits are gone and that's that.
>
> Definitely not cool. They absolutely must figure out a way for people
> to be protected in case somebody has still 50 or 60 pictures left and
> is getting a new device or maybe their phone was stolen or messed up
> and needed a reboot.
> I wonder if credits are backed up with an encrypted backup.
>

> Of course I also understand that they can't give people back credits
> just on their say-so since unfortunately not everybody is honest and I
> bet some would abuse this, but if that is so and they can't already do
> so, they need to find a way to track how many credits each user has by
> associating credits with either the Apple ID or by syncing them to
> iCloud or by having people sign up for a Tap Tap See account where
> these credits could be bought. If the latter would be possible they
> might actually get around Apple and offer subscriptions at 30% less
> money because they don't have to pay Apple. The Microsoft Office for
> Office 365 subscribers app is one example where Microsoft tied their
> app to an Office 365 subscription which you have to have, Netflix is
> another example, Skype another, many Voip services also work that way.
> For all of these you buy the subscription directly and then when you
> sign in with your credentials in the app it knows you are entitled to
> whatever it is you are subscribing to.
>

> I hope Tap Tap See is reading this and given the somewhat negative
> press they received lately reply to the list with some positive news
> that maybe we can look forward to a better Tap Tap See soon.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sieghard

Michael Feir

Disability advocate
Meadowvale Community Christian Reformed Church www.meadowvalecrc.ca
2013--

Volunteer at The Dam
http://www.thedam.org
2011-2013
Twitter: mfeir
Skype: michael-feir
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/personal-power.html

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/life-of-word-and-sound.html

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine 1996-2004 Check out my blog
at:
http://www.michaelfeir.blogspot.ca