Martin Vorlaender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Peter Prymmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Martin Vorlaender wrote:
> > > The problem already is with the call to perl_setup.com
> > > (where the dreaded $ SET COMMAND is issued).
...
> > That sounds like a real bug in configure.com.  It is supposed 
> > to ask this question if you will not be using a foreign symbol:
> ...
> > $     echo "Since you won't be using a symbol you must choose to put the 
>''packageup'"
> > $     echo "verb in a per-process table or in the system wide DCLTABLES (which"
> > $     echo "would require write privilege)."
> 
> I definitely didn't see that. I'll have a look into it.

OK, I probably did see it. And I probably answered 'y' to "Invoke
perl as a per process command verb?" though I really thought I
didn't. False alarm - sorry.

When running Configure.com again from scratch (and reading more carefully),
it did everything like it should (setting up PERL_SETUP.COM and
PERL_INSTALL.COM).

cu,
  Martin
-- 
One OS to rule them all       | Martin Vorlaender  |  VMS & WNT programmer
One OS to find them           | work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
One OS to bring them all      |   http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
And in the Darkness bind them.| home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Reply via email to