Hi,
[snip]

> The video is fairly impressive and Mills appears to have an agressive plan to
> commercialize the system in approximately a year.  I wish him all the luck in
> the world!
>
>I did not hear any reference to the amount of DC input power required to drive
>his silver pump or other portions of the design.  Does anyone recall reference
>to how many watts are required in order to drive the ignition and operating
>process?  I am curious about how many watts of useful output power are
>available for running the car, etc. and the ratio of the available output
>power to the required input drive power.

Mills has previously said that each spark only uses about 5 Joules, and produces
about 1000, though I'm not sure how much of that was measurement, and how much
was calculation based on theory.

>Also, does anyone recall mention of how hot the main chamber's outside surface
>runs?  I can not imagine any hope of operating without having an excellent
>high temperature insulator between the inner chamber and the outside world.
>If no excellent insulation is used this device would be an extreme fire hazard.

This is a very interesting point. The chamber itself should receive the same
radiation as the tungsten cap, so it's hard to see how it can remain cool while
the tungsten it white hot, unless seriously cooled. Given that the internal area
of the chamber is likely to be several times the area of the cap, it would
appear that a considerable portion of the energy is going to end up in the
cooling water of the chamber.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk