a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Jed,
> It is you who is missing my point.  Show me one case where the fraudster
> took his victim to court.

It happens all the time! Using the court system to commit fraud is a very
common M.O. For example, people suit for fake damage claims, hoping to get
paid. They pretend to slip on a banana in a grocery store, file suit, and
try to settle out of court.

Frauds and criminals also use the threat of lawsuits to frighten off people
and stop newspapers from publishing facts about them. That guy Santilli in
Florida files lawsuits at the drop of a hat. He is one of the the worst
scientific fraud I know. See:

http://www.scientificethics.org/ir00002.htm

That is the last thing a fraudster would want to do, to have all the facts
> come out IN COURT.

Nope. Cases seldom come to trial. Most people settle out of court. That is
what the frauds hope for.