On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:12 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

2) Any resultant energy would be red shifted back to nothing leaving the
> gravity
> well anyway. (Thus also reducing the information transport rate to zero in
> the
> process.)

I did not appreciate this point.  Let's go with your option (2) and assume
that matter (e.g., electrons and positrons) can cross the event horizon and
annihilate.  I believe this can be adjusted to happen on a timeline that is
contemporaneous with our own by moving the electron and positron
arbitrarily closer to one another prior to crossing the event horizon.  In
this scenario, I am unsure how the photons will completely redshift in our
own timeline, as this will be a gradual process which will presumably take
an infinite amount of time to complete from our perspective.  During that
time they will not have fully been drained of energy (assuming this is a
thing).

Here is where I start to get stumped.  I would imagine that unlike
electromagnetic radiation, gravitational influence does not follow the
(gravitationally warped) curvature of spacetime.  Otherwise we'd have the
paradoxical situation of gravity bending in on itself because there is so
much mass.  So I assume the resultant loss in gravitational attraction
traveling outwards at the speed of light from where the electron and
positron annihilated will escape the black hole within a period of time
that we can observe it.

Eric