On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 5:45 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

2) The electron passes through the event horizon while the positron
> "escapes" -
> don't ask me how that's supposed to happen.

I think we're thinking of different scenarios.  In the one I'm describing,
the electron and positron both enter the black whole at around the same
time and location and then annihilate on the other side of the horizon.  In
other words, they travel together prior to annihilating.  It is the
annihilation photons that escape (when the pair annihilate on the outside)
or don't escape (when the pair annihilate on the inside).

Eric