Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Ha, ha. And how would this work now that they are testing it in Rossi's
> absence? I imagine they will notice.
>

> JB: There will be no more public disclosures IMO.

Obviously if they find it is a fraud they will disclose that. They are not
going to let themselves be used by someone scheming to steal 100 million
euros. They would be criminally liable if they did not alert the police.

> Surely the hidden tank will run out, or they will try another source of
> water.
>

> JB: Part of the deal with the University is surely going to be a strong NDA
> - till AR sez it’s OK

If they discover the thing is fake, all NDAs will be out the window! No one
would honor such an agreement with a crook. If they open the cell and find
magic electric wires, or Rossi shows up at the university to install a
50-ton tank of chemicals, the deception will end instantly, and they will
tell everyone.

It is amusing to imagine what he might say when he shows up with a large
truck and a crew of workmen to install the 50-ton tank. Does anyone suppose
they would let him connect that to the water supply, no questions asked, no
one curious to find out what it is? Also, the professors might wonder why he
demands they call the workmen back after 50 tons of cooling fluid have run
through the machine. "Just tell them to come by; don't ask why. And don't
look in that tank. Ignore it; it isn't important and it's none of your
business. It has NOTHING to do with this experiment."

The scenarios described by Fletcher call for brain-dead or hypnotized
scientists who do not take elementary precautions or bother to look closely
at the machine. That's improbable. The scenarios described by Heffner call
for people who are too stupid to turn a faucet on or off, and a world full
of thermometers that cannot measure the difference between a person with a
high fever, and a stone-cold corpse. That's even more improbable. But
somehow, the notion of Rossi and a crew of workmen showing up at three
different universities and installing large tanks, pumps and other equipment
without anyone noticing or caring strikes me as the most improbable "Just So
Story" of all.