From: Jouni Valkonen <jounivalko...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 29, 2011 4:29 am
Subject: [Vo]:Some calculations, discussion and accurate temperature graph

Here is the temperature graphs with more accurate time stamps:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28230378/oct28demo.png
And some simple calculations:
Water flow rate: 675.6 l/h
Temperature above 100°C: 12:34
nd of dataset: 18:24
Total time: 350 min (5h 50 min)
Heating period:
Started: 11:00 / Ended: 12:34
otal: 94 min
Energy for heating metal mass: 400 MJ
nergy for heating 1060 kg water: 375 MJ
otal: 775 MJ / 137 kW
Here we see that most of the electric input that was allegedly
upplied to the device went for initial heating.
Total water volume of 107 E-Cats was 2700 liters.
If they can give proof that non vaporized water was just 5 kg, then
est should be valid. Simple proof would be that if they measured the
ater flow rate from the heat dissipator. This would be valid
ndicator, because there was still plenty of empty water storage
apacity inside E-Cats when water started boiling. Therefore only
team escaped.
However, if they did not measure the flow rate, then it is difficult
o establish with certainty that all steam was really vaporized.
owever I would think that used water trap was sufficient to collect
on-vaporized water. At least within one order of magnitude.
Therefore I would think that test appears to be valid and indeed E-Cat
as producing at least 7 GJ energy with average power of 340 kW.
This is the lower limit. Maximum power output was 12 GJ and 550 kW
ower. Min and max possible power levels were determined how much
ater was remaining stored inside E-Cats and pipes after the demo
nded.
As input was used almost fully for initial heating of the E-Cat array,
otal COP was 400:(1/∞). I do not know the total imported heating
nergy, but I assume here that it was below 770 MJ. And also I do not
now how much input was remaining in alleged 350 min self-sustaining
eriod. I assumed that it was zero.
However, this test was by no means made by independed scientists.
herefore I do not see how this could be a proof for successful
alidation, because there is no way that hidden power sources are
xcluded. Therefore, I do not expect mass media attention. This is
xtremely sad situation, because I am tired of listening skepstics'
ssertions considering the validity of the technology.
However, contract that was signed stands that the energy was produced
y the means of cold fusion reactions. Therefore if this is a hoax,
hen it could be considered as a breach of contract, therefore
ustomer has right to demand compensation if they have paid anything
or the Dr. Rossi.
Therefore, it seems to be valid technology. However we need some
urther information from Bologna University considering long term
erformance.
  –Jouni