Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sure that registration requirements are quite different in other
> countries since there is such a variance between states here.

To summarize, even if we find no trace of Fioravanti on line, he may well be
a P.E.

If we can track him down, that proves it is a legit test. If we cannot track
him down, it is still probably legit.

He sure looks like an engineer. Lewan says he talks like one. This is just
my gut feeling, but here is why I think he must be an engineer:

The report ends with a remark that there are "some leaks" in gaskets. Here
we have one of the most momentous tests in the history of technology, right
up there with Volta's first test of an electric battery or the first flight
at Kitty Hawk, and this guy is talking about leaking gaskets. Only an
engineer would write that!

In case you are wondering, the first recorded words of the Wright brothers
after the momentous flights of Dec. 17, 1903 were:

1. Telling a local 16-year-old kid that a bucket of eggs in their shack were
all laid by one scrawny chicken. He went off to see the chicken. The boys
loved a practical joke.

2. Debating whether to burn the airplane in a bonfire, or go to the trouble
and expense of packing it up and shipping it back to Dayton. (It had been
smashed to pieces and could not be used for more tests, and they often
burned aircraft at the end of the season.)

Hey, they were engineers. What did you expect?