Registration requirements are governed by the state in the US.
Generally, if you are registered in one state, you can obtain comity
in another by application with that state.  Georgia also offers comity
with other countries.  I work for Atkins North America, a division of
the UK firm ( atkinsglobal.com ).  We do have engineers who come from
the UK and enjoy comity here in GA.

Which designs and certifications require the stamp and seal of a PE
also varies from state to state.  Generally, if the design involves
the safety of the public, it must be sealed by a PE.  In some states,
all projects funded by state funds require the oversight of a PE.

I'm sure that registration requirements are quite different in other
countries since there is such a variance between states here.