> Abd,
>
> If you reject W-L theory, what would you regard as the most reasonable
> explanation for all of the transmutations reported? Is there a
> particular  paper that you could recommend. I'm too overwhelmed by the
> complexity
> of  solid state reactions to take any side in the controversy.
>
> Thanks,
> Lou Pagnucco

>From my "reading list" at
>http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg58232.html

Fralik's
http://newenergytimes.com/v2/government/NASA/20111209NASA-Fralick-GRC-LENR-Workshop.pdf
  slide 14
Has a brief summary of peer-reviewed contenders.

I'd start with :
http://www.iscmns.org/CMNS/JCMNS-Vol4.pdf#page=40       OR at :
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedc.pdf
read the whole issue, while you're there

Includes latest by various authors, eg :
A. Meulenberg and K.P. Sinha
Chubb & Chubb

- - - -

For detailed papers I'd also look at :
Kim's Bose Einstein Condensates papers

    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KimYEgeneralize.pdf 2011 Specifically
addressing Rossi  Ni H
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KimYEboseeinste.pdf 2009 General theory, Pd D

Chubb's Band States 2009
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ChubbTAovercoming.pdf
    Note : they have a newer paper in iscmns Vol 4

And to cover D-D interactions, screening and the like
    Sinha :  http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/SinhaKPamodelfore.pdf
    2008 D-D resonance, phonons, lochons, shielding, coulomb
    Note : they have a newer paper in iscmns Vol 4

(I don't seem to have a link to Parmenter and Lamb, referenced by Fralik)

NOTE : I'm not skilled enough to pick a theory ... but all of these address the
"impossible" argument.