On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Craig Brown <cr...@overunity.co> wrote:

> This is not what we are discussing. We are talking about the forum and how
> it was overtaken by abusive posters. Steorn's claim is not relevant to this
> discussion.  Quoting Wikipedia is of no value when it comes to exotic
> energy claims simply because of their establishment bias and the bias of
> the Wikipedia "editors".

The Steorn forum was not taken over by anyone.  In fact, it was ruthlessly
moderated by two old biddies who knew nothing about science and the
scientific method.  They tended delete posts and entire threads at will and
often without explanation and to ban anyone who raised the obvious issue
that Steorn was (and still is) an obvious investor scam.  Eventually,
Steorn did a totally worthless and contrived "demo", much more blatant even
than anything Rossi ever did, at the Waterways Museum.   When good
questions were asked, video'd and put on Youtube, Steorn had them removed
because Steorn's (Sean's) own responses were moronic.   When Steorn claimed
they did calorimetry, they wouldn't say who did or where it was done.  They
didn't show calorimetry results but instead they put up a couple of
unlabelled and unattributed temperature vs time curves.  When called on
that and all of their continued and consistent failures and unfulfilled
promises, they simply closed the forum and permanently ERASED the entire
forum site and all messages.  So much for Steorn.  If we are going to
discuss what they did, then let's get it correct.

The reason some posters ridiculed Steorn on their own forum is the same
reason people ridicule and ask difficult questions of Defkalion on their
forum.   They claim they have an open forum and what they post on it is
absurd and worthy of nothing *but* ridicule.

Steorn's claims and methods are very similar in style to Rossi's and
Defkalion.  Even their sarcasm is reflected in Defkalion's responses.  And
their tangentiality and non-responses in the guise of responses is typical
of what Rossi does on his blog when he's not simply refusing to publish
perfectly legitimate questions.  If you like Rossi and Defkalion, you must
have loved Steorn!