At 02:56 PM 4/5/2012, Jones Beene wrote:
Hey Daniel – instead of straight wide spectrum low IR - why not add a special filter to a tuned resistance heater electrode to get some kind of pseudo coherence? Here is a pretty steep spike at 2 THz:

<http://www.insight-product.com/mesh3.htm>http://www.insight-product.com/mesh3.htm

Sweeping up from 3 THz or so, Letts found no effect until 8 THz. He got the most pronounced effects at 15 and 22 THz.

Low terahertz might work, no? Doubt if they go very high without massive losses.

No.

3 THz appears useless.

It is possible that whatever we can come up with could be tested by Letts in his work. Trying to develop a cheap substitute for his expensive dual tunable lasers, while at the same time trying to replicate his work (which involves complexities in cathode preparation, etc.) would seem to be a Bad Idea, a formula for wasting vast amounts of time and money.)

I would not rule out using a thermal source with mesh filters, if it could be tested with ease.