Axil, much confusion exists because we do not have firm definitions of the
terms we use.  Much like the confusion that accompanies disscusions about
Darwinian Evolution.  We can't agree whether Darwinian Evolution is right or
wrong, when we don't even have a good definition of what a "species" is.  I
believe this vagueness contributes to your misunderstanding below.

Well, Let me try to define how the Bible defines certain things.  You asked for
verses, so I will oblige and try to answer with verses as much as possible

Genesis 1 defines what a species is.

      20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving
creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open
firmament of heaven.
      21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth,
which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged
fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
      22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the
waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
      23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
      24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his
kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it
was so.
      25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after
their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and
God saw that it was good.

Genesis 2 further elaborates on how God created these creatures.

      19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field,
and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call
them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name
thereof.

Hence, it is clear that all original creatures were created from the "ground"
(dirt).

Furthermore, it is abundantly clear with the terms "his kind", that
reproduction can only occur when 2 individuals of the "same" kind (species)
come together.  They can not reporoduce outside of their "kind".    This is the
definition of a speicies.  Reproduction is a sufficient but not a necessary
condition for defining a species.  Only creature that reproduce after their
"kind" is the natural order of things.  Any genetic hybridization is outside of
their "kind" and hence does not originate from God.

Genesis 2 explains the origins of man and the living soul.

      7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Man was formed from Dust of the ground (dirt), as well as all original
creatures.  Then God imparted to him a living soul.  Hence, we need to
understand that the existence of any cell is NOT the existence of a soul.  The
soul can only come from God.  Creatures created in the lab thru genetic
manipulation has not been imparted the "breath of life", hence not a "living
soul".

Regarding twins.  Both individuals are conceived in the womb, and hence is the
natural order of things.  Both individuals would have been imparted the
"breathe of life" by God during conception.  Each would have its own soul
distinct from the other.

You see, it matters not whether we were created directly from dust (like Adam),
or from a rib bone of Adam (like Eve) or from egg and sperm (like all the rest
of us).  The important thing is that in all these acts of creation, God is the
one doing the creation.  Hence, he imparts his breathe of life to Adam, Eve and
to the rest of us who are conceived under the natural order of things God
ordained.

Cloning, hybridization, genetic manipulation, artificial chimeras and other
such genetic techniques involves actions outside the involvement of God, hence,
he did not breathe into those creatures the breathe of life; hence NOT a living
soul.

I beleive the Bible is clear on this teaching.

Jojo