Ed, I suspect that you did not follow my description of the heat involvement of
the reaction.   Unless the temperature is irrelevant at each finite location
then what I was suggesting should be a major factor.   Any heat energy that is
emitted within a small volume will cause an immediate temperature rise in that
region.   Even though the elevated temperature is short lived, it is there for
a finite time period.  This would most likely be exhibited by strong kinetic
movements of the nearby metal atoms and the hydrogen nearby.

This close proximity short term heating could not be distinguished from
elevated material temperature in general and would behave much like heating the
entire system up by many degrees centigrade.  I would be very surprised if the
NAE next door did not experience a large heat wave as the heat from a fusion
event diffused throughout the metal.   Sure, heat conduction is fairly
understood, and that is what I am expecting to cause the difference.

The reason why this thought is important is that a relatively enormous amount
of heat is released during a fusion event, far more than any chemical one
encountered.   If you are convinced that all of the energy is released in the
form of radiation that penetrates relatively deeply into the metal bulk, then I
can see why you dismiss my idea.   If you agree that local heating is the main
way the energy escapes then this concept offers a simple method of generating
extra LENR power that is a function of the density of NAE, the system
temperature, and other variables.  Give the idea some attention.

Dave