Under my theory of LENR it may be possible to setup a single nuclear active
site for observation and measure what goes on inside that volume in detail.
The experiment involves setting up a quantum dot with a 600 electron
storage capacity constructed in a way to enclose the electron ensemble in
nickel walls with the entirety of the device surrounded by a pressurized
hydrogen atmosphere.
A Pd/D system can be setup in like manner.
Cheers: Axil