Hi,
[snip]
>The standard model, I assume, is predicated on the conviction that QM
>is correct and also necessary.
>It is felt necessary because it explains the apparent stability of
>matter which CM could not do.

CM explains the stability of matter just fine, once you accept that the electron
ceases to radiate when it reaches the point that a further change in energy
would require a concurrent change in angular momentum that is less than that
required to form a photon. IOW a violation of the conservation of angular
momentum, for the electron photon ensemble. IMO It is this which prevents the
electron from permanently collapsing into the nucleus via photon emission.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk