Vorl Bek <vorl....@antichef.com> wrote:

> Cude's demeanor was consistently polite . . .

I disagree. I think it is rude for him not to address substantive points
raised by others, such as McKubre Fig. 1. Also, for example, he asked a
legitimate question:

"In any case, my question was really why don't *all* intelligent people
accept it."

I made a serious effort to answer that question with an important example
from history, of intelligent people who rejected what should have an
irrefutable fact: that the U.S. would win an all-out war.

"This fact should have been self-evident to every intelligent, educated
person in Japan. Why didn't *all* intelligent Japanese people believe
this?!?"

". . . there is no doubt that in 1941 intelligent people at all levels of
society enthusiastically supported the war. Why? Because they were sure
they would win. It never crossed their minds they might lose."

Cude was the one who raised this point. When I addressed it, he was rude,
dismissive and obtuse:

"I would like to explore this dreadful history a little more, because I
> know a lot about it.

Certainly not because it has any relevance.

What you're saying is that two countries are at war, one claims they will
crush the other, and the other doesn't believe it, and therefore cold
fusion is real. . . ."

This is not how you win a debate or make friends.

I do not care whether he was polite or not. Rudeness does not bother me.
But I know rude when I see it, and he is rude.