Vorl Bek wrote:

Whether or not they have ruled it out, nobody in his right mind
would let this single test convert him to a belief in lenr.

Perhaps. But anyone in his right mind who looks at all of the experimental evidence for LENR will be convinced. As Mallove wrote in 1991: ". . . to believe that hundreds of scientists around the world have made scores of systematic mistakes about the nuclear and nuclear-seeming anomalies that they have reported is to stretch credulity to the breaking point – to distort the meaning of scientific evidence to absurd limits."

Furthermore, it makes no sense to suggest that even though these other experiments are real, this one is not.

The hypothesis that Rossi is engaged in fraud is based on people's intuitive feelings about politics, business, human nature and social behavior. It is an evaluation based on Rossi's previous dodgy behavior, and his flamboyant personality. There is no experimental evidence for this hypothesis. If you believe it, you are trusting your own evaluation of human behavior. That is a legitimate judgment, but you should not imagine that you have some technical reason to believe this. There is not now and there never has been a shred of evidence that he cheated or that the electricity in the wall is secretly changed to "sneak" more power into the device. The notion that you can insert a circuit into an electronic device which allows it to steal electricity from an ordinary AC circuit without raising either amperage or voltage is a violation of the conservation of energy. If you could do this, you would either have a perpetual motion machine, or you would have an invention that instrument makers and electric power companies would pay millions for.

I know Rossi and I know the people who have independently tested his devices, so I can rule out the fraud hypothesis. This is privileged information so I cannot expect others to accept it.