Consider various physical effects in metals that have been discovered over
the centuries, such as magnetism, conducting electricity, the
thermoelectric effect (and its opposite manifestation the Peltier effect),
the photovoltaic effect, hydrogen embrittlement, piezoelectricity, and
superconductivity. Each of these has one mechanism, and only one mechanism,
as far as I know.

It seems unlikely to me that anomalous nuclear effects in highly loaded
metal hydrides are caused by many different phenomena with different
physical principles. I do not think there are any other physical effects in
metals which have two or more different disparate causes.

In biology you sometimes find mechanisms, organs and so on that evolved
independently, but came to resemble one another, such as the body shape of
dolphins and fish. That's another story entirely.