Bob, temperature is not the source of cracks or have any role in their
function. Temperature changes the rate at which hydrogen is delivered to the
crack. It is important to understand the role of each variable. You can find an
explanation at http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEexplaining.pdf.

Ed Storms