The de Broglie-Bohm theory is now considered by some to be a valid
challenge to the prevailing orthodoxy of the Copenhagen Interpretation, but
it remains controversial. It is both realistic and deterministic and has
nothing to do with probability. It has no implications for multiple
universes and is nonlocal meaning that the properties of subatomic
particles can be broken apart and separated at a distance from each other.
Yves Couder and co-workers recently discovered a macroscopic pilot wave
system in the form of *walking droplets*. This system exhibits behaviour of
a pilot wave, heretofore considered to be reserved to microscopic phenomena.

The quantum randomness seen at the subatomic level is derived from the
variable rates that virtual particles are self produced in the vacuum. The
spins of these particles are constantly adjusting to each other as
particles come in an out of existence,

This spin liquid (called so because of the randomness of the constant
virtual particle spin adjustments in the vacuum) carries EMF fields. The
interaction of the spin liquid of the vacuum and real particles produce the
pilot wave on which the real particle rides.