In the article at ECat World...  Blaze is the crow.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/06/18/lenr-simplified-pencils-windmills-and-super-mario/

LENR Simplified: Pencils, Windmills and Super Mario
Posted on June 18, 2014 by admin <http://www.e-catworld.com/author/admin/>
• 15 Comments
<http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/06/18/lenr-simplified-pencils-windmills-and-super-mario/#comments>
<http://www.repost.us/article-preview/hash/22d03ee81bb4934d6905ce5eb5bcfc7c/>

 *The following post was submitted by ECW reader Lilylover*

Often technical posts like the one about ‘Discrete Breathers’ may not
generate a lot of interest. Sometimes they are important, sometimes they
are trifling. So, today, I thought maybe I’ll interest some of the
E-Catters into desiring to read a technical/dry post by providing
a simplified version. This might also help you decide chaff from wheat; and
make you more hopeful about LENR scenario. Bear with the randomness and
length; I think in the end you’ll be glad you did.
1

Imagine a box as large as a refrigerator with hundreds of small holes
barely large enough to let a pencil through. You have inserted thousands of
pencils to fill up the box. Now, imagine that you toppled the box. Do you
expect all the pencils to fall out of box? None? Some? If you shuffle it a
bit more, what then? Imagine if these holes were on all six sides of the
box – even in this scenario, only after a lot of vigorous shaking, some
pencils will fall out. But if the holes were only on one surface,
fewer pencils will fall out after similar random shaking. Now, for the same
amount of shaking if you wanted to get the maximum number of pencils out
from that one particular surface you’ll modify your shaking techniques so
as to try to align the pencils perpendicular to the surface. This strategy
will yield more pencils as opposed to vigorous random shaking.

2
Once upon a time there was a windmill atop a hill in a fairly windy area.
An albatross and a hummingbird decided to fly through the rotors. There
were spectators betting on who would come out on the other side alive. How
would you bet? Why? They both flew through it and made it through alive.
Then, they said, let’s do this until only one of us is alive. Who do you
think would stay alive? The albatross said, “Wait a minute. Surely my luck
will run out faster. I see what you are doing. Let’s be fair.” Then the
albatross asked for a 5-minutes-time-out to come up with a fair plan.
Meanwhile, a poor crow watching this from afar saw an opportunity. He told
the betters that he wanted to participate. They okayed. The desparate crow
hoped that if went normally, surely the albatross will be dead and he
could split the prize with the hummingbird. Not knowing about the crow, the
albatross came up with a plan – a smaller windmill for hummingbird in the
same proportion as to the big windmill was to the albatross. The
hummingbird said that was fair since it would be equally dangerous game for
both of us. The crow said, “I’m in. Me too!” The crow wanted to use the
albatross’ windmill. The hummingbird and the albatross told him that’s not
fair – we are taking more risk, you’d be taking less.

How about using hummingbird’s windmill? The crow complained – “you’d be
taking less risk, I’d be taking more. That’s not fair.”

Then, they said, “Well, then, let’s have another windmill that’s right for
your size.” “That seems fair,” said the crow. But now with equal risk for
the same reward, the crow cowered. He said, “I’m out.” … and away he flew.

They flew through their windmills. Both made it through alive. But the
hummingbird realized that if they continued like this, he’d be tired
sooner. So, he said, “how about  we create a series of seven windmills 10
feet apart and then fly through those?”

Albatross: I’m big, I cannot maneuver within 10 feet to be ready for the
next windmill. I’ll surely lose. Let’s keep them 200 meters apart.
Humming bird: I’m small, I’ll get tired by the time I reach third windmill.
Surely, I’ll lose. Let’s keep them at 5 body-lengths apart.
Albatross: I do good in the straight line, surely, 5 body-lengths is not
good for me.
Hummingbird: BTW, for the same wind speed, my windmill rotates faster. So
we have to wait for the wind that causes the same rpm.
Albatross: That’s beyond my control. How about, you get a little bit bigger
windmill to compensate for the higher rpm by the same wind speed?
Hummingbird: How about you get a smaller windmill, instead? It’ll be
equally risky.
Albatross: True, but more risky, nonetheless. Are trying to kill me sooner?
Instead of getting us both killed, let’s both use oversized mills and keep
playing the game longer and safer.
All but Rossi: Let’s make them smaller, faster and riskier.
Rossi: Let’s make them bigger and safer. That’s rational.

more at the site...