  From: Eric Walker
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2014 10:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Mizuno, Rossi & copper transmutation

  On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Ni61 is non reactive as stated by DGT and confirmed by Mizuno as presented
in Cook's !CCF-18 presentation

  I interpret the "depletion analysis" differently than presented in Cook's
presentation (e.g., slide 52 [1]).  If 61Ni sits in the middle of a chain of
neutron captures, it will be a kind of hump that must be crossed, where any
that is taken away (e.g., by transition to 62Ni) is given back by transitions
from lower isotopes.  I.e., it participates quite a bit, rather than very
little, contrary to what Norman Cook seems to be saying.

  There is also this nice quote (slide 37):

    The raw data suggest that Ni-58 and Ni-60 were consumed, while neutrons
were added to Ni-61, Ni-62 and Ni-64, but “depletion analysis” indicates
otherwise…

  If Norman Cook has misinterpreted the data, as I think he might have, then
Mizuno's results would appear to fit quite nicely with Rossi's recent results.
(Almost too nicely.)

  Eric

  [1]
https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/36817/SimulationNuclearTransmutationPresentation.pdf?sequence=2