In a message of 24-Jan-00 Brad Rogers wrote:

 >> I think I use V quite a bit, and since I started to use V� it still hasn't
 >> reached the 256 MB limit.

 > 256?!  All three caches don't add up to that here.  No that I don't have
 > the space, mind you.

Why not? A couple of my friends are having 1 GB caches for their browsers -
well, they have ADSL too. They claim there is a lot of bandwidth saved by
using such a huge cache, though they admit that probably 90% is what you
call detritus, but the last 100 MB is quite valuable. And, or so they
claim, if they used a 100 MB cache still 90% would be detritus, and the
cache would only contain 10 MB of valuable information. And if you are
paying for each byte transfered, then there is a lot of difference between
10 MB or 100 MB of valuable information.

That is their claim - I don't know if they are telling the truth, but I
wouldn't be surprised if they are.


Uffe Holst

____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to