>> No, it is ridiculous manually to delete part of
>> the cache. Using a cache you will always
>> "waste" space, but if you start to delete those
>> files that cause this "waste" then you are
>> stupid (IMO) and wasting your time.

> I used to edit my cache all the time with V 2.95
> using the CacheBrowser, and I never considered
> it a waste (or stupid); because with some sites,
> I wanted to save the info, so I would copy code
> and images to a Zip disk. In addition, some
> sites were left permanently in the cache, as
> well as "backing" them up, for quick reference.
> Because of this, it was necessary to turn off
> the Expire Option, so they wouldn't be deleted.
> So, I HAD to manually edit and delete those
> files I no longer wanted or needed.
 
Agreed! The cachebrowser was just too important
to leave out. The arexx cachebrowser for V3 by
Bernd Gollesch has been a life saver! I hope
he is still developing it.

My bigest single use for it was to create mirrors
on mt HD of some more ephemeral sites that I liked
to use for reference.


Doug Rudd

_____________________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - http://v3.vapor.com/
Voyager FAQ....: http://faq.vapor.com/voyager/
Listserver Help: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=HELP
Unsubscribe....: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=UNSUBSCRIBE

Reply via email to