>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2001, at 11:53 AM, you wrote:
>
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > In a message of 02-Jan-01 Julian Aronowitz wrote:
> > >
> > > > 3. In either case, you *must* delete those files which are mean-
> > > > ingless to you, to avoid having wasted space. This would be done
> > > > between times that you delete your entire cache and start from
> > > > scratch.
> > >
> > > No, it is ridiculous manually to delete part of the cache. Using a
> > > cache you will always "waste" space, but if you start to delete those
> > > files that cause this "waste" then you are stupid (IMO) and wasting
> > > your time.
> >
> > I used to edit my cache all the time with V 2.95 using the
> > CacheBrowser, and I never considered it a waste (or stupid); because
> > with some sites, I wanted to save the info, so I would copy code and
> > images to a Zip disk. In addition, some sites were left permanently
> > in the cache, as well as "backing" them up, for quick reference.
> > Because of this, it was necessary to turn off the Expire Option, so
> > they wouldn't be deleted. So, I HAD to manually edit and delete those
> > files I no longer wanted or needed.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Bartek
> > NoLife Polymath Group
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Just to set the record straight, for all of us, I wrote the
> first set of words, beginning with "5. ...." The other paragraph
> was written by whomever had answered me.
>
> I am glad you understood my reasoning: that you do not *have*
> to do things that particular way; that it is only an option. You
> stated what I was trying to get across, in a much clearer manner,
> thank you.
>
> Julian.
There will always be some, who believe that their way is the ONLY,
true correct way, and that anyone who does it another way is just
stupid. Unfortunately, most of these people are in powerful
government positions trying to save us from our foolish ways --
whatever it costs us. ;-)
Glad I was able to clarify your statements.
--
Patrick Bartek
NoLife Polymath Group
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_____________________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - http://v3.vapor.com/
Voyager FAQ....: http://faq.vapor.com/voyager/
Listserver Help: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=HELP
Unsubscribe....: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=UNSUBSCRIBE