Hello Stephen

On 27-Jun-00, Stephen Roffey wrote:>

SR >> I seem to remember that, in addition to what other people have
SR >> responded with, that there was a demo version of PFS available on
SR >> Aminet at one stage - there certainly was of one of the "new"
SR >> filesystems.

SR >> It wasn't very useful - you could use it with a 10 meg partition or
SR >> something like that, but it gave you a reasonable idea of what it
SR >> was going to be like.

SR > You may be thinking of the AFS (amifilesafe) demo - I have the 10meg
SR > limited demo on a CUAmiga (sigh..) disk here. PFS was the replacement
SR > for AFS. AFS was not well liked, owing to it's propensity to destroy
SR > stuff - in the last ever Amiga Format (sigh²...) Simon Goodwin voted
SR > it the worst peice of Amiga software _ever_ for this reason. Avoid.
SR > If you're gonna use any of these filesystem replacements, make damned
SR > sure you've got a backup of your RDB on disk somewhere. I don't trust
SR > 'em...

I used AFS and now Pfs and have never had a problem except of my own
making, it used on 3 Amiga's here

Regards Paul
--
<tsb>27 Jun 2000