> Just curious:  If you changed the filesystem for a partition, would having
> a backup of the RDB do you any good for restoring that partiton?  It
> dosen't seem likely to me.  (not that I know heaps about filesystems or
> anything.)

Sorry, what I meant was, if you install any non-standard filesystem
(including MSDOS and MacOS partitions for PCX/Shapshifter) make sure
you have a copy of the RDB of that drive _after_ the installation.

There are a few programs that can `reconstruct` your rigid disk block,
provided the partitions are all AmigaDOS. Any partition with a
non-standard filesystem /and any adjacent partitions too/ would be
destroyed by this process. So make a backup. Trust me on this

Steve (who now keeps wierd partitions on a separate drive after a
little, ow you say, *bad*)
--
Steve Roffey
email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]