Ice TV iPhone app works well.

I have not used any other similar service to compare it to but it works ok
for me on iPhone 4. I'm not sure how it would work without a subscription
but it is handy with a subscription to be able to check the guide and set a
program to record if I want it to and not at home to set it on the media
centre.

>From my experience I'd say its safe to give it a try and see what you think.

Regards

Shayne Beach


On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Neil Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hi all,
>
> I don't subscribe to the paid IceTV service because, at present, I'm not
> recording TV.
>
> My Elgato EyeTV Hybrid refuses to work with my i7 iMac running Snow leopard
> - doesn't even show up as a USB device in system profiler - even though it
> still works fine with the older core 2 duo iMac running Leopard.
>
> Can anyone shine any light on the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid/i7 iMac problem - I
> wondered if it was a USB power issue, but I've tried it in various USB
> sockets (both on the back of the iMac and on the keyboard) - though I don't
> currently have a powered external USB hub to try.
>
> Anyway, even though I'm not recording, I use the IceTV dashboard widget all
> the time to check what's on/about to start on TV and find it very
> convenient.
>
> Today, on one of IceTV's emails, I noticed that there was a free IceTV app:
> <http://www.icetv.com.au/about/iphone.shtml>
> I thought this looked pretty good but, when I went to the app store, I saw
> that of the 3956 reviews for the current version - 2304 of them had given
> it
> the minimum one star rating. I know the whingers are often more vocal than
> the satisfied users - but this does seem an unusually high proportion!!
>
> So, I thought I'd see how many WAMUG list members use this app and would
> like to express their love/hate experiences with it ;o)
>
>
> TIA
>
>
> Cheers
>
>
>
>
> Neil
> --
> Neil R. Houghton
> Albany, Western Australia
> Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
> Email: [email protected]
>
>
>
>
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>
>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>