Hi Ronni, First off - there is nothing wrong with the EyeTV Hybrid it will work just fine with my 24² iMac (2.4 GHz Core 2 duo, running OSX 10.5.8 and EyeTV 2.5.3) - however, I am planning on passing this computer on and I want to watch TV on my nice new big 27² iMac ;o)
I checked out the link and also one at Apple ³EyeTV 2.5.3 works with Snow Leopard² <http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2133930> The fix you refer to seems to be for when EyeTV 2.5.3 won¹t work after upgrading to Snow Leopard which isn¹t really my problem the 27²iMac came with Snow Leopard installed and my instalation of EyeTV 2.5.3 fires up just fine and proceeds through the set-up OK until it gets to the ³Now, plug the EyeTV Hybrid into a USB 2.0 port² stage. When I plug the EyeTV Hybrid in, the ³Next² key stays greyed out and if I hit the ³Previous² key then I get the message: ³No hardware is available which supports the TV standards of the selected country² (and, yes, I did select Australia). At this point, I have no option but to cancel the set-up assistant. The EyeTV message ³No hardware is available ...² seems to gel with the fact that System profiler doesn¹t even see the device as attached to the USB hub. I¹m currently wondering if the USB port is, for some reason, not supplying enough power to fire up the EyeTV unit, which is why it would be good to know if ANYONE can confirm that a circa 2006 EyeTV Hybrid WILL work when plugged directly into a Nov 2009 27² i7 iMac running Snow Leopard. I¹ve also just discovered a different problem/issue/weirdness with the EyeTV unit when trying to run it on my MacBook Pro as I mentioned in my previous post, the EyeTV shows up in system profiler OK but I just had the following experience: * Tried to run the EyeTV but it told me I was plugged into a USB1 port - I then tried the other port and it again told me I was plugged into a USB1 port (and system profiler showed the unit on a ³USB bus² rather than a ³USB high-speed bus² - I found this very confusing as I thought both the ports were USB 2! * However, after confirming the unit was working on my 24² iMac, I tried it later on the MacBook and this time it worked fine in both USB ports and system profiler now showed the unit on a ³USB high-speed bus². I found this EXTREMELY confusing how can the USB ports migrate between the ³USB bus² and the ³USB high-speed bus² ??!! However, I don¹t think this has any bearing on the problem with the 27² iMac as system profiler only shows this computer as having ³USB high-speed bus² x 2 I am now wondering if it is worth buying a powered USB2 hub and trying the unit on that. Cheers Neil -- Neil R. Houghton Albany, Western Australia Tel: +61 8 9841 6063 Email: [email protected] on 24/11/10 10:24 AM, Ronda Brown at [email protected] wrote: > Hi Neil, > > You need to use Elgato's uninstaller program Eye TV Reporter to uninstall > EyeTV 2.5.3. Reboot the MBP, reinstall EyeTV 2.5.3 Copy to Applications > folder). > Entered the activation code, and then it should worked. > Note: That is if there is nothing wrong with the EyeTV Hybrid. They don't last > forever, I had one die on me a year or so ago. > > Details on Elgato Systems Technical Support here: > <http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticle > id=3794 > <http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&k > barticleid=3794> > <http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticle > id=3794 > > > > Cheers, > Ronni > > On 24/11/2010, at 10:09 AM, Neil Houghton wrote: > >> >> Hi Ray, >> >> As I said to Kyle, this is an old unit which I bought it from Daniel in >> September 2006 - so it came with EyeTV2 - which I have updated as far as >> EyeTV 2.5.3. >> >> I didn't pay to upgrade to EyeTV 3 because I wasn't using EyeTV much after I >> got a digital TV - partly because my computer has moved rooms and the >> reception with the supplied antenna was marginal - this was all with the old >> iMac, as I say, the new iMac doesn't even recognise the EyeTV as an attached >> USB device. >> >> Just as a further comparison, I tried plugging the EyeTV into my MacBook >> Pro, running Leopard - it shows up fine in system profiler plugged into >> either of the USB ports (I didn't actually try configuring the EyeTV on the >> laptop - but the point is the system could "see" it). >> >> So, it would seem to me, the problem is either down to Snow Leopard or the >> i7 iMac hardware configuration (and possibly the compatibility of this older >> EyeTV unit with it/them) - I don't think the EyeTV software is the issue if >> the device is not even showing as an attached USB device in system profiler. >> >> I guess it would be good to know if ANYONE has got a circa 2006 EyeTV Hybrid >> working OK and plugged into a 27" i7 iMac (November 2009 vintage, actually). >> >> >> Cheers >> >> >> >> >> Neil -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

