Hi Neil, You need to use Elgato's uninstaller program Eye TV Reporter to uninstall EyeTV 2.5.3. Reboot the MBP, reinstall EyeTV 2.5.3 Copy to Applications folder). Entered the activation code, and then it should worked. Note: That is if there is nothing wrong with the EyeTV Hybrid. They don't last forever, I had one die on me a year or so ago.
Details on Elgato Systems Technical Support here: <http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=3794> Cheers, Ronni On 24/11/2010, at 10:09 AM, Neil Houghton wrote: > > Hi Ray, > > As I said to Kyle, this is an old unit which I bought it from Daniel in > September 2006 - so it came with EyeTV2 - which I have updated as far as > EyeTV 2.5.3. > > I didn't pay to upgrade to EyeTV 3 because I wasn't using EyeTV much after I > got a digital TV - partly because my computer has moved rooms and the > reception with the supplied antenna was marginal - this was all with the old > iMac, as I say, the new iMac doesn't even recognise the EyeTV as an attached > USB device. > > Just as a further comparison, I tried plugging the EyeTV into my MacBook > Pro, running Leopard - it shows up fine in system profiler plugged into > either of the USB ports (I didn't actually try configuring the EyeTV on the > laptop - but the point is the system could "see" it). > > So, it would seem to me, the problem is either down to Snow Leopard or the > i7 iMac hardware configuration (and possibly the compatibility of this older > EyeTV unit with it/them) - I don't think the EyeTV software is the issue if > the device is not even showing as an attached USB device in system profiler. > > I guess it would be good to know if ANYONE has got a circa 2006 EyeTV Hybrid > working OK and plugged into a 27" i7 iMac (November 2009 vintage, actually). > > > Cheers > > > > > Neil > -- > Neil R. Houghton > Albany, Western Australia > Tel: +61 8 9841 6063 > Email: [email protected] > > > > on 23/11/10 8:03 PM, Ray Forma at [email protected] wrote: > >> >> Neil, >> >> I have today for the first time tested my EyeTV hybrid on my MacPro5,1 under >> MacOS 10.6.5 using EyeTV 3.4.3 and it worked perfectly. I find that the DVB >> program information broadcast by the TV stations themselves better than the >> info sent by ICETV. Just set up the EyeTV software to collect the DVB program >> data from the transmissions, and then at any time you can look at the program >> guide, that you can make as comprehensive as you wish. Clicking on a >> program's >> red button sets it ready for recording; simple! >> >> You don't give any vital details such as the version of EyeTV software that >> you are using, so I can't give you any useful advice about your problems with >> EyeTV on the i7 iMac. I also have EyeTV 2.5.3 so, if necessary, can try that >> under MacOS 10.6.5 when you have given me some more useful info. >> >> My EyeTV Hybrid is now back on the MacMini1,1 under MacOS 10.4.1, with EyeTV >> 2.5.3, that runs the main TV setup in our house. Tomorrow it gets updated to >> EyeTV 3.4.3. Hope it keeps working! >> >> On 23/11/2010, at 7:01 PM, Neil Houghton wrote: >> >>> >>> Hi all, >>> >>> I don't subscribe to the paid IceTV service because, at present, I'm not >>> recording TV. >>> >>> My Elgato EyeTV Hybrid refuses to work with my i7 iMac running Snow leopard >>> - doesn't even show up as a USB device in system profiler - even though it >>> still works fine with the older core 2 duo iMac running Leopard. >>> >>> Can anyone shine any light on the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid/i7 iMac problem - I >>> wondered if it was a USB power issue, but I've tried it in various USB >>> sockets (both on the back of the iMac and on the keyboard) - though I don't >>> currently have a powered external USB hub to try. >>> >>> Anyway, even though I'm not recording, I use the IceTV dashboard widget all >>> the time to check what's on/about to start on TV and find it very >>> convenient. >>> >>> Today, on one of IceTV's emails, I noticed that there was a free IceTV app: >>> <http://www.icetv.com.au/about/iphone.shtml> >>> I thought this looked pretty good but, when I went to the app store, I saw >>> that of the 3956 reviews for the current version - 2304 of them had given it >>> the minimum one star rating. I know the whingers are often more vocal than >>> the satisfied users - but this does seem an unusually high proportion!! >>> >>> So, I thought I'd see how many WAMUG list members use this app and would >>> like to express their love/hate experiences with it ;o) >>> >>> >>> TIA >>> >>> >>> Cheers >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Neil >>> -- >>> Neil R. Houghton >>> Albany, Western Australia >>> Tel: +61 8 9841 6063 >>> Email: [email protected] >>> au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]> > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

