Hi, Neil OK let's see if I can help.
First: I have never managed to get EyeTV 3 Working with the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (Previous Generation) on my 27” i7 iMac. Also I have never gotten it to work on any other computer and have always had to revert to the last version of EyeTV 2. Doesn't really apply to you Neil But I thought I would let you know that upgrading to EyeTV 3. Most likely will not fix your problem. Like you I had a problem getting the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (Previous Generation) to work on my 27” i7 iMac. but it would work perfectly fine on other machines as mentioned above. I did eventually get it working but as the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (Previous Generation) was my dad's, and I got sick of sharing I eventually bought myself a new one. As I can't remember exactly what solution I eventually used to get it to work and my notes are not useful regarding this problem we will have to start from the beginning. Going from memory the problem is a combination of not enough power getting supplied to the unit and a problem with "EyeTV Helper" I know you have completed this but I would do it again I would start by running the EyeTV Reporter utility and I would choose the uninstall option. if the EyeTV 2 Application is still in the applications folder I would remove it. Once you have completed this step I would make sure that "EyeTV Helper" has been removed. Navigate to /Library/Application Support/EyeTV if this folder is here remove it. Now go to system preferences, Accounts choose your username and remove "EyeTV Helper" from the login items. Then Restart your computer. Installation, Download the latest version from < http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/support/Update-Start/Update-EyeTV-2 > if you've already done this is not necessary to download a new copy (do not use EyeTV 2's built-in software updater) Once you have the updated disk image install the EyeTV 2.5.3 application into your applications folder. Make sure the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (Previous Generation) is not plugged into your computer launched the EyeTV 2.5.3 application. then proceed to system preferences, Accounts choose your username make sure a copy of "EyeTV Helper" is in login items. Then shut down your computer then plug the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (Previous Generation) into the USB port closest to the FireWire 800 port. start up the computer and open the EyeTV 2.5.3 application. if you are lucky everything should be working. if not I will have more for you later -- Regards Kyle --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kyle Kreusch: - This E-Mail Was Dictated Using MacSpeech Dictate, [i] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

